Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Found My Mojo

I haven't been knitting at all since Ravelympics.  Even though I have a few projects to finish, I just don't have any interested in them anymore.  Here's one project I am considering frogging.  I am thinking hard about it because I am almost done with it.  The pattern is great and I love the self-finishing edging techniques.  The part that is not working for me is the collar.  I knitted with 100% wool yarn and the collar is so puffy.  When I tried it on, it is like I am wearing a choke collar or something.  And the fact that it doesn't have any buttons for closure, it just doesn't look right in the front.  I think it is best to knit this cardigan with silk blend or other fiber that gives nice drapery.  


Moving on.

I finally cast on a new project this weekend.  It's "Traveling Woman" shawl by Liz Abinante.  I am using Socks That Rock yarn in Crabby McCrabbypants colorway.  What you see in the photo is where I finished the stockinette stitch section.  Right now I am deciding if I should make the pattern adjustment and make the shawl larger or not.  And I also have to make sure I have enough yarn to do it.

It's been a total craftiness weekend.  There are new handspun yarn too.  But they are still too wet for photo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment