Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Stash from Madrona


New Stash from Madrona, originally uploaded by Fiber Monster.

We went to Madrona Fiber Arts in Tacoma, Washington this weekend. It was awesome. I took two classes with Judith MacKenzie McCuin. She is an amazing teacher. I look forward to taking more of her class. I attended the Friday Evening Teacher's Gallery and Lucy Neatby presentation. Boy, she is really funny and her work is unbelievable.

I also got a glimps of Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka Yarn Harlot). I was too shy to go talk to her but a lot of people did. Have you seen the way she knit? Straight needle in the pit knitting. Got the picture? If not, you've got to see it yourself. This woman knit really really fast. I wonder if anyone could knit faster than she does.

All in all, I was a good girl. My purchases were restricted two large skeins of Kainu yarn, and addi turbo circular needle. Never have enough needles, right? No sock yarn for me this time. Two weeks ago, I got a skein of Lang Jawoll Aktion. Plus my sock yarns stash are stored in a king size comforter bag. Without any new acquiring, these alone should last me a whole year of sock knitting!

Oh, I updated the shop Fiber Monster at etsy this afternoon. There're a few new goodies. I took a bunch of photos of my newly handspun yarn but haven't look at them yet. More handspun yarn on the next shop update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment