Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Carding...and more carding

I had too much fun washing, dyeing, and carding. It's been a productive week for me. The shop is updated and I am happy to present these to you.


Swirl


Mandarin Orange


Deep Purple


Dart Fire

These are custom blend carded fiber batts that are very sweet to spin. I chose mostly monochrome colors this time for easy color coordination with your stash!

I also manage to squeeze in some moment for spinning too.


I handdyed these rovings a couple weeks ago. The one in the front is Superwash Merino/Bamboo/Nylon 60/30/10 blend. The one in the back is the 100% Merino Top. As you can see, the bamboo top took the dye a little different.

And below is how it spun up. You may not notice the difference in the photos. But the bobbin on the left is bamboo blend. It's shiny and very easy to spin. I can spin it fairly thin if I want to. The bobbin on the right is pure merino, my all time favorite fiber.



Half are spun, another half left to go. Then move on to plying....

No comments:

Post a Comment