Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

First Cowl

This is the first cowl I knit and I love it!  And I know that it is not going to be the only one I knit.  This cowl is done mostly in front of TV, two nights to be exact.  I casted on Tuesday night and I already forgot what I was watching on TV.  But I remember that I finished it while watching the Prez's State of the Union Address.  I repeated the pattern 3 times and got to the length I like.  The pattern said to block it but I am not going to as yet.  I am going to wear it to the play this weekend.

My handdyed handspun yarn, 100% merino wool

From skein into ball.  Ready to knit

Darkside Cowl


Yarn: Fiber Monster's Handspun Yarn - personal collection.  100% merino wool, 165 yards, chunky weight.
Pattern: Darkside Cowl by Sarah Fama.  I found her pattern on Ravelry.

This is a great project for handspun yarn.  And guess what? If your ears get cold, you can pull it up and wear as an earwarmer!  I am going to make more.  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment