Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Shenanigans



It's sock shenanigans! Two new pairs of socks to add to the pile.  The small pair is a demo one I knitted when I tried to figure out how to knit two socks on two circular needles.  At first I tried it with just one 40-inch long circular needles.  It didn't work.  Too much yarn management and it was all twisted and tangled.  Using two circular needles technique works much better for me :)

Knitted from 100% wool commercial yarn I handdyed in green and purple.

This one is from shetland fleece

The same handspun yarn I used to knit Shetland Triangle Shawl

I got the fleece from a local farm.  It was a long process to get this pair done: washing, carding, dyeing, spinning, and knitting.  I knitted them on Addi Turbo size 2.  Nice snuggly fit those toasty toes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment