Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2010 Ravelympics/Knitting Olympics

Here's my 2010 Ravelympics/Knitting Olympics project.

I spun two different tops of my handdyed BFL, mainly in blue with some brown in one of them and more green and light pink on the other.  The spinning part was done a few day before the opening ceremony.  I had just enough time for the yarn to set the twist and barely dry.



I followed the pattern as written except for the sleeves. I didn’t have enough yarn to complete both sleeves. So I finished it with ribbing. I also added a single crochet edging for the whole sweater.
Project information
Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pamela Wynne
Yarn: Fiber Monster's handspun yarn, approximately 500 yards
Needle: Circular needle, US 8

    
Award: Sweater medalist from Sweaterboard Cross event and medal from the head of the International Ravelympic Committe, Adonis Dionysius Bobicus Maximus.

No comments:

Post a Comment