Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Simple lace knitting with my handspun yarn

I got a few requests on twitter about the pattern of the lace neck warmer I am knitting right now. So I thought I would share it here with everyone since there isn't enough space for 140 characters on twitter post. It is a simple lace pattern that is very easy to remember after you knit a few rows. As you can see, I just start and I am on row 8.

My yarn is lace weight. Size US 8 circular needle.
If you get ahead of me, please let me know how it goes.  It's easier to see the pattern in chart. I will post it later *if* I get around to do it :)


Simple lace pattern
Multiple of 10 + 11 sts

CO: 141 sts
Place marker at the beginning of the round.
Set up row: Knit 2 rows (You can skip this if you prefer no edge)

Row 1, 3, 5 and 7 (RS): K2tog, K3, YO, * K1, YO, K3, SK2P, K3, YO. Rep from * to last 6 sts, K1, YO, K3, SSK

Row 2 and all WS: Purl even row: Knit all.

Row 9, 11, 13, and 15: K1, YO, K3, * SK2P, K3, YO, K1, YO, K3. Rep from * to last 6 sts, SK2P, K3, YO, K1

Row 16: knit

Rep Row 1-16 as many times as you like.

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment