Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fast Lane

I can't believe almost three months has gone by and I haven't been spinning. Until this weekend at OFFF (Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival), I picked up my Turkish drop spindle and started spinning on it. Thanks to my friend, Carol, who helped me get it started.

And I have been spinning on it every day since then. Some days it's 15 minutes. Some days it's an hour. It's much slower than spinning on the wheel yard-wise (for me as a beginner on drop spindle). But it's amazingly relaxing.

Slowness, I miss you. My life has been on a fast lane these past few months. Spinning on drop spindle reminds me that it's time to slow things down every once in a while.

Life is moving oh so fast
I think we should take it slow
rest our heads upon the grass
and listen to it grow
~ Pink Martini

No comments:

Post a Comment