Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Swallowtail Shawl

I meant to post this sooner but the week went by rather hectic. Anyway here's my show and tell.


Swallowtail Shawl, Interweave Knits, Fall 2006

I LOVE this pattern and would knit it again when I find the yarn I like. Truly well written and not too complicate considering this is my first attempt on a lace pattern.

If any of you have wanted to knit it, start now. You will not be disappointed. Some said the shawl is a little small. But it works fine for me because I didn't want it to hang down too low. You could probably modify the pattern if you know what you are doing. I didn't and was lucky that it turned out to be perfect for me.

Since I haven't post anything for over a week, so I will mention some random things that just came to my mind here. Last week I went to get the tires checked because I felt they might need some pressure added to them. I've heard that driving with proper tire pressure will give you a better mileage.


See what a difference it makes! I normally get 41-42 MPG on this baby and that's pretty cool already. But now I get 47.3. This is the best mileage I've got since having this car. I am impressed, especially when the gas is over $3 per gallon.

Oh, wait. Something is happening. I will be right back.

OK. I am back. And I have this to show you.


It's hailing right now. As you can see, I am still learning about shutter speed and aperture, etc. I need more practice.



And Lucky loves it, although he wouldn't go outside himself. Smart dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment